The Kean University Library strives to meet the information needs of the Kean community by providing a broad range of resources and services. Although the Nancy Thompson Library is located on the Union campus, resources and services are also available to Kean Ocean students and faculty.
The Library's web page serves as the gateway to the "virtual" library. In addition, information geared to Kean Ocean students appears on this guide, not only under the current "Welcome" tab but also under the other tabbed pages listed across the top third of the page.
The Research Guides are a collection of subject-focused research resources created by the Kean University librarians to provide you with recommended resources for starting your research, finding books, finding articles (and selecting databases), finding Web sites, and citing sources.
In addition, the following guides were created specifically for students and faculty:
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Grants (contains resources on scholarships and other funding opportunities for students)
- Student Guide (provides links to library brochures, class handouts, videos, tutorials, and more)
- Faculty Guide (provides links to a publishing opportunities database, a guide to grant-funding opportunities, a guide for online multimedia resources, library forms, class handouts, videos, tutorials, and more)
A Library Barcode features a 14-digit number that will enable you to access the Kean University Library's ebooks and research databases, to check out books, to request delivery of books from the Nancy Thompson Library in Union to the Toms River campus, and to use other library services (such as, online reference assistance and interlibrary loan).
Kean Ocean students and faculty members may obtain a Kean Library Barcode for the back of their Kean Photo ID cards from the Kean Ocean Administration Office on the Ocean County College (OCC) campus. Please visit the Administration Office of Kean Ocean in Room 103 of the Gateway Building at OCC, or call 732-255-0356.
Kean Ocean patrons may request that materials held at the main campus in Union be delivered to the Ocean County College Library. To request a book owned by the Kean University Library, please use this form:
Kean Ocean patrons may use the Ocean County College interlibrary loan service to request books not owned by either the Kean or Ocean library:
Kean Ocean patrons may request copies of articles or book chapters not owned by either the Kean or Ocean library by filling out and submitting the appropriate Kean University Library interlibrary loan request form:
For questions regarding Interlibrary Loan, please contact Kimberly Fraone at 908-737-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use EndNote Web or EasyBib to Help Create Your Bibliographies
Both EndNote Web and EasyBib are bibliographic citation managers, which you can use to keep track of books and articles you locate in various research databases and then to create a bibliography, References list, or Works Cited list in your required citation style (including APA, MLA, and others).
- Please pay particular attention on the EndNote Web Guide to the box labeled How To Register (Off-Campus) for step-by-step instructions on how to register for an EndNote Web account when you are working at a computer located at home, on the Ocean County College Campus, or at any location other than Kean's Union campus. (Basically, you will need to register for your EndNote Web account for the first time through the Web of Science database.)
- Revisit the EndNote Web Guide at http://libguides.kean.edu/endnoteweb to access the EndNote Web Handouts, which provide step-by-step instructions for exporting article records from various library databases into your EndNote Web account.
- Once you've registered, you will be able to access your EndNote Web account by going directly to https://www.myendnoteweb.com/.
Visit the EasyBib Guide at http://libguides.kean.edu/Easybib for more information about EasyBib and instructions on how to register for your own free account. In addition, you may access EasyBib at the link below..
- Register for your EasyBib account at