- A current Kean University picture ID is required to borrow books.
- The holder of the ID will be responsible for all materials charged against the ID.
- Fines and fees will be assessed for damaged and overdue books.
- A fee of $55 per book will be charged for lost books. Refunds will not be given if books are returned after the payment is made.
Book Loan Periods and Limits
|Patron||Book Borrowing Limit||Loan Period||Renewal|
|Adjunct||30 books||180 days||1 renewal|
|Administrator||30 books||180 days||1 renewal|
|Alumni||5 books||30 days||1 renewal|
|Community*||5 books||30 days||1 renewal|
|Faculty/Staff||30 books||180 days||1 renewal|
|Graduate Students||30 books||30 days||1 renewal|
|Kean Ocean Students||30 books||30 days||1 renewal|
|Undergraduate Students||30 books||30 days||1 renewal|
|VALE Participants||5 books||30 days||1 renewal|
*Elizabeth/Hillside/Union Township Residents Only
- Reserve material is for the exclusive use of students enrolled at Kean University.
- Reserve material can only be returned to the Front Desk and initialed
by Learning Commons staff.
- Students must present their current Kean University ID to borrow reserve materials.
- Reserve materials have a two hour loan period and are restricted to use in the Learning Commons.
- Students are allowed to borrow three reserve items per request.
- To place items on reserve, faculty can fill out the faculty reserve form at: http://kean.libwizard.com/Reserveform
Open Chat box